Under current legislation and Local Practices.
- Construction is now allowed in all sectors.
- Contractors must take precautions to ensure a safe working environment mitigating the risk of Covid-19 infection
- Covid PPE must be worn when social distancing is not possible
- Most municipal offices are still closed to walk-in traffic with open only by appointment
- Most plans examiners are working from home so can’t be reached by calling their extensions
- Most municipalities are accepting drawings by email in the form of PDF files
- Some building permits are being issued by PDF with the responsibility of printing and posting left in the hands of the building owner
Contact your local Building Permit and Planning Offices to obtain the current status regarding operations.