Under current legislation.
- Building permits issued on or before Jan 12 2021 are allowed.
- Contractors are advised to follow protocols for personal protection of everyone on-site with regards to masks, hand washing and separation.
- Contractor for site must ensure the safety and that protocols are followed while on site including site visitors.
- Most municipal offices are still closed to walk-in traffic with some open only by appointment.
- Most plans examiners are working from home so can’t be reached by calling their extensions.
- Most municipalities are accepting drawings by email in the form of PDF files
- Some building permits are being issued by PDF with the responsibility of printing and posting left in the hands of the building owner.